Monday, July 31, 2017

Without the rain - there are no rainbows...

Hi There...

Christine here from Cards by Christine with a new card for you today, using the lovely 'Katy Without the Rain'.  I coloured her with my Copic Markers and then fussy cut her so that she stands slightly away from the card.  I used a stencil and Stormy Sky Distress Ink to create a gentle background for her giving the impression of rain, but I didn't want it to detract from the image so kept it delicate.  


After colouring, I dotted her umbrella with a broad tipped Sharpie Poster Paint Pen in white - to match the dots on the cardstock.   I thought the edges of the white card needed something extra too, so I doodled with a fine-tipped black pen along each side.  I then added the sentiments and it was done - a relatively simple card, but with words that are so true - it would be perfect to send to someone going through a rough patch.



Thanks for dropping by today, hope you'll be back tomorrow for more inspiration...

Have a great week and Happy Crafting..

Christine x

1 comment :