Tuesday, March 12, 2013

This is the Tweet Life ...

Good morning, Ruza here to share some adorable cards I created using the lovely Stamp Annie*Thing Rare Bird stamp set!


I had so much fun creating this card.  After coloring one of the birds with my Copic Markers I cut it out, then used a couple of the other images in the set on textured cardstock to create the scene in my mind, and colored those images also. The sky was created with Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass & Stormy Sky Distress Ink, and a couple cloud dies. I just added the darker distress ink to my dauber and applied it under the cloud die to get the shape of clouds. The lighter color was then applied over the entire textured cardstock which I blended in with the darker color. The final touch was to add some bling and pop on the bird with 3D foam tape.

This is the first time I've tried this technique and I love how it turned out. Here is side view of the card to show the wings in flight. The wings fold flat for mailing.


As stated above, I had fun with this stamp set and couldn't stop with just one card.  


This card features a couple of the other images in the Rare Bird stamp set.

Now let me show you the full set ...


The Rare Birds stamp set is one of many that you will find the Stamp Annie*Thing Store.  Just click on the link below to check them all out!

Affiliate-small

While you're here remember to become a Follower, and/or sign-up for email updates so you don't miss any of the Stamp Annie*Thing News! It would be awesome if you come "Like" our Facebook Page so that you can share the projects you create with your Stamp Annie*Thing products!

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

No comments :

Post a Comment